Hey everyone! It's been a little while since I've written, but a lot has been happening this summer already.
1. I have decided to open up a second Etsy shop for my photography and painting. I'll have digital downloads, prints, postcards, greeting cards, and *hopefully* more. I've been having a lot of fun exploring our yard again, taking macro pictures of the multitude of plants that are out there. I'm also hoping to explore some nearby fields to get some pictures of wildflowers.
2. I was also recently approached to be a photographer and writer for Heart of Mary Women's Fellowship. It is an amazing ministry with daily devotionals, bible studies, free printable devotional journals, gorgeous artwork for your various devices, conferences, and more. I've been following them on Instagram for over a year and am super excited to join their team! I'll be contributing three posts next month, plus some photography. If you go to their website, you can sign up to have the daily devotions sent straight to your email every morning! Right now we are studying the Fruits of the Holy Spirit.
3. I'm finally feeling well enough to start working on My Little Felt Friends again, so hopefully over the summer I'll be able to get a decent amount of sewing done so that I can have a ready-to-ship restock once my son goes back to school in August. I do have a few listings up right now, if you'd like to head over and snag something real quick ;) I'm taking a few small orders just to keep busy and try to keep a slow trickle of income coming in.
4. Thanks to all of your generosity and donations, we are set on diapers, wipes, and various toiletries and supplies for the summer. The kids have been enjoying all of the silly putty, play-doh, kinetic sand, audiobooks, board games, and art supplies that were donated as well. They listen to the audiobooks in the living room while they play and in their bedroom while we get ready for bed. Even the youngest is starting to memorize them now and request specific stories.
5. I'm still working through the anxiety and agoraphobia, but I was able to make it out of the house last week to go to an appointment and Mass one day. I'm going to try to go to Mass again tomorrow, and hopefully a long-overdue haircut, and I'm reeeally hoping to go to the homeschool conference on Friday to visit people for an hour or two. So please pray my anxiety can stay under control this week! :)
28 year old Catholic divorced mom to three kiddos with special needs and/or chronic illnesses. I am the owner of My Little Felt Friends on Etsy, and also write and take pictures for Heart of Mary Women's Fellowship. I love mugs, blankets, hoodies, and books. Oh, and art supplies. And coffee. And teen dramas on Netflix.
For these and other items, please visit my Etsy shop. If you don't see what you are looking for, feel free to send me a message and I'll see what I can do. I love custom orders, and can even create bookish and tv characters.
I cannot say enough good things about Audible. My nonverbal son has improved so much because of two things: speech therapy at school, and audiobooks from Audible. Two years ago he barely had 5 words, and now he corrects my vocabulary daily. The kids listen to audiobooks throughout the day and every night to fall asleep, and I love listening while I work. I highly recommend signing up and seeing how it changes your family. To start your free trial of Audible, click here.